Participate in Research Studies
If you are interested in participating in a clinical research study, please click here for more information or call 1-800-535-8254.
The NIDA IRP does not provide medical advice. For medical advice, we strongly urge you to contact a qualified health care provider.
- For information about how to know if you or a loved one needs treatment, and how to find it, visit our Step-by-Step Guides.
- To find a treatment center in your area, please visit the SAMHSA Treatment Locator. NIDA does not endorse any specific treatment program.
- If you are looking for an addiction specialist, please visit the American Society of Addiction Medicine.
Contact the NIDA Intramural Research Program
Office of the Scientific Director – NIDA IRP
251 Bayview Blvd., Room 04A505, Suite 200
Baltimore, MD 21224
NIDA IRP, Main Number: 443-740-2463
NIDA IRP, Clinical Research Studies: 443-740-2273
- Scientific Director: Amy H. Newman, Ph.D.
- Deputy Scientific Director: Lorenzo Leggio, M.D., Ph.D.
- Acting Deputy Clinical Director: Lisa Farinelli, PhD, MBA, RN
- Associate Director for Technology: Marisela Morales, Ph.D.
- Associate Director for Diversity and Inclusion: Yeka Aponte, Ph.D.
- Director for Education & Training: Steve Heishman, Ph.D.
- Acting Clinical Director: Lorenzo Leggio, M.D., Ph.D.
- Chief, Administrative Management Branch: Thomas Haines, M.S.
- Deputy Chief, Administrative Management Branch: Josh Kysiak, M.A.
- Director, Animal Care Section: Kyle Stump, DVM, DACLAM
- Scientific Program Coordinator and NIDA Technology Development Coordinator: Janette Lebron, M.A.
- Administrative Assistant to the Scientific Director: Brenna Swider
- Special Assistant to the Scientific Director: Wendy Marshall
- NIDA IRP Webmaster: Marc Raley