- Annabelle Belcher, Ph.D.
- Kate Brynildsen, B.A.
- Feiyan Chen, Ph.D.
- Xi Chen, Ph.D.
- Catherine Demers, B.A.
- Hong Gu, Ph.D.
- Sanket Gupte, M.S.
- Yuzheng Hu, Ph.D.
- Agnes Jasinska, Ph.D.
- Sufang Li, Ph.D.
- Xia Liang, B.A.
- Hanbing Lu, Ph.D.
- Meredith McHugh, Ph.D.
- Julie Najar, B.A.
- Vani Pariyadath, Ph.D.
- Thomas J. Ross, Ph.D.
- Jennifer A Stark, Ph.D.
- Elliot A. Stein, Ph.D.
- Haley Stepp, B.A.
- Yihong Yang, Ph.D.
- Xiaochu Zhang, Ph.D.
- Moxi Zhou, B.A.
Hanbing received his B.S. in Biomedical Engineering from HuaZhong University of Science and Technology, China. He then spent nine years in industry working on x-ray imaging and MRI. In 1999, he started pursuing a PhD in Biophysics at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), there he received training in MRI physics, imaging technologies (gradient coil design, RF coil design and pulse sequence design) and functional MRI mechanisms using animal models. After receiving his PhD in 2003, he spent one year as a senior research scientist in MCW, and joined NIDA in 2004 to help set up the animal MRI lab. The general goal of his research is to understand the biophysical basis of the fMRI signal under normal physiological conditions as well as under drug challenges.
- fMRI methodological and technological development
- fMRI using animal models
- fMRI mechanism studies using multiple modalities
- Drug abuse studies using animal MRI
- Lu H, Zuo Y, Gu H, Waltz JA, Zhan W, Scholl CA, Rea W, Yang Y, & Stein EA. Synchronized delta oscillations correlate with the resting-state functional MRI signal. Proc Natl Acad Sci. 2007, 104(46):18265–9.
- Lu H, Scholl CA, Zuo Y, Stein EA, & Yang Y. Quantifying the blood oxygenation level dependent effect in cerebral blood volume-weighted functional MRI at 9.4T. Magn Reson Med. 2007, 58(3):616–21.
- Lu H, Xi ZX, Gitajn L, Rea W, Yang Y, & Stein EA. Cocaine-induced brain activation detected by dynamic manganese-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging (MEMRI). Proc Natl Acad Sci. 2007, 104(7):2489–94.
- Lu H, Soltysik DA, Ward BD, & Hyde JS. Temporal evolution of the CBV-fMRI signal to rat whisker stimulation of variable duration and intensity: a linearity analysis. Neuroimage. 2005, 26(2):432–40.
- Lu H, Patel S, Luo F, Li SJ, Hillard CJ, Ward BD, & Hyde JS. Spatial correlations of laminar BOLD and CBV responses to rat whisker stimulation with neuronal activity localized by Fos expression. Magn Reson Med. 2004, 52(5):1060–8.
- Lu H, Jesmanowicz A, Li SJ, & Hyde JS. Momentum-weighted conjugate gradient descent algorithm for gradient coil optimization. Magn Reson Med. 2004, 51(1):158–64.
- Lu H, Mazaheri Y, Zhang R, Jesmanowicz A, & Hyde JS. Multishot partial-k-space EPI for high-resolution fMRI demonstrated in a rat whisker barrel stimulation model at 3T. Magn Reson Med. 2003, 50(6):1215–22.
- Bennett KM, Schmainda KM, Bennett RT, Rowe DB, Lu H, & Hyde JS. Characterization of continuously distributed cortical water diffusion rates with a stretched-exponential model. Magn Reson Med. 2003, 50(4):727–34.